Friday, November 2, 2012

Today is my husband's birthday and I made this card for him.



I started by layering up different colored card stock and paper. I added eyelets on the side and bottom. My husband had given me some brass scraps from a project he was working on in the garage so I glued them on. I tied a Fisherman's Knot with twine and glued it to the top. Then added a picture of a Steelhead Salmon I found. The hard part was making the Little Cleo lure.

For the lure I used the foil that sealed a can of coffee. It was thicker than regular foil and I didn't need to fold it for thickness. I then ran it through the Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls embossing plate. I cut out the leaf that looked most like the lure. I put a pin hole at one end then tied monofilament line to it. For the hooks, I cut floral wire and bent them up then glued them to the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment